Monday, November 2, 2015

Epic Weekend Review

Caylee got in the car this morning for school and said the best weekends are the ones that go by fast because you are having so much fun.  She is so right.  We had a great Halloween weekend!

We kicked off Halloween with me hosting the fall teacher luncheon.  I couldn't have pulled it off without my girls- Tracy, Andrea, and the PTO President, Rachel- and of course, the awesome parents that sent in the food! I am over the hospitality committee for PTO for the fall so I planned and executed the teacher luncheon.  Here are a few pictures from the setup....

Drink table

Dessert table.  I may have visited this table!

This was all I used for a centerpiece.  A fellow parent at another school used the pumpkins and the concrete pot for her teacher luncheon so she let me borrow her stuff and idea.  She used fresh flowers instead of leaves.  The leaves came from my yard!

Thank you, Pinterest for this silverware holder idea!

We did soups for lunch.  Eight different soups!

Another look at the centerpiece.
I got lots of positive feedback from the teachers and staff.  I was worried about pulling everything together!

Friday night was the last home game for Dobyns-Bennett.  Carson did his field crew duties and Caylee danced with the Spirit Shakers.  She was in her element!
That's her shaking her pom poms waving to us.
We left the game in the third quarter :(  It was a great game but we needed to get on the road to Chattanooga.  Both kids were sad to leave early but we promised them the rest of the weekend would be worth it.  We arrived in Chattanooga at 1AM and got in bed at 1:30AM.
#tiredfamily


Chad likes to keep the hotel room at Eskimo temps, so Carson slept in his fleece pants, a long sleeve shirt, a short sleeve shirt, a hoodie, AND socks.

We woke up at 7:00, quickly got ready and got back on the road to Peachtree City.  Yes, we were only at the hotel for 6 hours.  We went straight to the airshow.  I wasn't feeling well- I have been battling a cold for basically a month and I felt like garbage at the show but I made it through.  I had the worst headache at the airshow due to the cold but I still enjoyed the show.  The highlight was definitely the Blue Angels but there was this one pilot/plane that did amazing aerial stunts.  










Caylee waving to the blue angels as they prepare to take off.  

I wish I'd felt better because there was so much to do at the show.  After the blue angels show, we left but all of the vendors stayed and let the kids trick or treat.  The pilots were going to give out candy too but I just simply didn't feel up to it and the kids were ok with us leaving and going to Chad's aunt and uncle's house and trick or treating in their neighborhood on the golf cart.

The kids had a blast trick or treating on the golf cart and hanging out with our PTC family.  After trick or treating, Caylee came back and hung out outside and handed out candy outside.  We joked that it was a reverse parade- she was handing out candy as kids paraded by. :)




 We watched the UT game then I crashed.  The next morning, we went to my favorite place- IKEA!  We had lunch at the Varsity before making the five hour drive home!





As we left, I wanted to get a picture of the kids at this Atlanta icon.  This random guy had a hat on too and yelled "PHOTOBOMB" so I snapped the picture.  I think he still reveling in the Halloween cocktails from the previous night!  The kids thought it was funny!

I love weekends like this- making memories!


1 comment: